Here are some key considerations to make the most of your supplementation:
- Do consult a physician prior to beginning a workout program; if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, speak with your doctor before consuming supplements.
- Do take your supplements as directed and on a regular basis.
- Do be patient in building long-term, lasting results which often take weeks or months to materialize.
- Do record your numbers (measurements, weight, sets, reps, time, distance, qualitative data) as it is the best way to track your gains.
- Do consume plenty of water for better absorption and overall health.
- Do remember to workout regularly so supplements can do their job.
- Do get plenty of sleep to allow your muscles time to build and recover.
- Don’t consume alcohol excessively; you’re actually better to avoid it altogether.
- Don’t give up if you do not see immediate gains.
- Don’t (actually, never) think that if a supplement works well, that you can simply double the dosage for even better results; it doesn’t work that way and can be dangerous.
- Don’t leave your supplements in an open spot where children may gain access to them.